Tell the Bees

Oh dear! Oh dear! I am sorry my lovelies that I haven't posted in a while...I knew it was a long time but I didn't realise that it was 2 months!!! I've recently moved house so I could not get any crafting done because it was all packed away in boxes *sob* Now I am happy to say that all my crafting bits are all unpacked and set up in my new crafting room (theorectically it's a craft room/office as my hubby will be having half the room as his office...but crafting room sounds better!! :D ) I am very excited to get back to spending my evenings crafting and sharing my makes with you.

Today I am going to tell you about the brand new Tell the Bees collection from Craft Consortium. Craft Consortium have created the Tell the Bees collection in partnership with award winning designer and illustrator Katy Hackney. The collection consists of beautiful spring theme designs. Craft Consortium sent me this collection which included the 12 x 12 paper pad with cordinating clear stamps, linen cotton ribbons and sequins. My first impressions of this collection was that the illustrations have been beautifully done and that the colour scheme compliments the images really well. The clear stamps are a very good quality and the images stamp out really clear. I found that using these stamps with colouring pencils is very effective.

I made this card in the picture above from this collection. I would like to share with you a quick little tutorial of how to make this card.

You will need:
  • 6x6 card blank
  • Tell the Bees paper pad
  • Santoro Kori Kumi Floral die collection
  • Adhesive pearls
  •  Xcut circle nesting dies
1. Cover the 6x6 card blank with a simple floral pattern from the Tell the Bees paper pad.

2. Die cut a circle into the centre of the front panel using the Xcut circle nesting dies.

3. Inside the card, cover the back panel using the beehive paper, making sure you position one of the beehives so that it will be in the centre of the circle when the card is closed. This is so that the beehive is the main focal point of the card.

4. On the front of the card create a floral frame by die cutting flowers using the Santoro Kori Kumi Floral die collection. I used papers from the paper pad that were similar colours to the beehive. Before you glue down the flowers fold up the petals to give them a 3D effect and to make them stand out on the card.

5. Glue the die cut flowers around the circle and add adhesive pearls into the centre of the flowers.

6. Lastly, I cut out an image of a bee from the paper pad and attached onto the back panel next to the beehive with an adhesive 3D foam square.

Before I go, I just wanted to share with you this picture of my cat. I just love it and it makes me giggle when I see it. Basically I was trying to get some pictures for this blog post as my kitchen had some good natural light because the sun was shining through! So I started to take photos which was when my cat decided that I should be paying him some attention instead. I mean how could you resist that face?!


Happy crafting!! :)

Kayla xx





Comments

  1. Gorgeous card! i love your cat too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was fun to make. Such a gorgeous collection.

      Delete

Post a Comment