Tutorial: New Home Card

Hello my lovelies! Hope you are all having a good week so far :)

For today's tutorial I am going to talk you through how to make this new home card using the docrafts Tales from Willson Wood range.


To make this card you will need:
6x4 card blank
Tales from Willson Wood A4 Ultimate die-cut & paper pack
Double sided tape (or PVA glue if preferred)
Off white card stock (I used card stock from the Papermania Capsule assorted colossal colour card stock)
Adhesive foam squares
Adhesive gems

Instructions:

1. Take the leaf design paper and cover the 6x4 card blank. I always leave a thin border of the card blank showing around the edge of the card (You may not want to do this, this is just something I like to do on my cards)

2. Cut out a strip of the green paper, approx 4cm x 14cm in size, and attach to the left hand side of the card.

3. Cut out a rectangle of the off white coloured card stock, approx 7.5cm x 10.5cm in size, and attach to the centre of the card.

4. Cut out a rectangle of the peach leaf design paper and mount onto the off white rectangle so it leaves an approx 2mm border all the way around.

5. Next, from the die cut paper pack, carefully remove the oval leaf frame with the banner from the die cut decoupage sheet and attach the frame onto the card using adhesive foam squares.

**TIP: To remove the pips to give the decoupage a cleaner edge either cut them off using scissors or I find filing them off with a nail file usually does the trick!**

 6. Remove the rabbit from the die cut decoupage sheet and attach it to the card with an adhesive foam square so it looks like he is sat on the banner.

7. Remove the butterflies and the squirrel from the die cut decoupage sheet and arrange them around the frame, attaching them with adhesive foam squares.

8. Add "New home" onto the banner using the adhesive letters that come in the pack securing them into place using PVA glue (Just to make sure they stay on the card!)

9. Lastly, to finish off, add 3 adhesive gems onto the bottom of the card.

Thank you for reading through my tutorial today! Hope you have enjoyed reading it as I have making it. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback as I plan to publish regular tutorials on my blog :)

Happy crafting!

Kayla x


Comments