"It's the most wonderful time of the year...."

Hello my lovelies!

October is now upon us, the dark nights are creeping in and the weather is getting colder! There's something about the darker evenings I love...I like being able to come home from work, chill on the sofa crafting with a lovely cuppa tea and a blanket!

Winter is approaching and that can only mean one thing......CHRISTMAS!!! I might be nearly 30 (next year - eek!!) but I just love Christmas. I love the atmosphere, spending time with family and friends and of course the yummy Christmas lunch!!

My lovely hubby took me to Hobbycraft the other weekend so I could start buying all my Christmas crafting goodies. I picked up some really cute goodies (and got some fab bargains!)



Firstly I bought one of the docrafts goodie bags for £15. I think these bags are fantastic! You get a good range of items and it is really good value for money, especially for the amount of bits and bobs you get inside. I highly recommend these bags as the items inside cordinate really well and are brilliant for those who are just starting out card making.


My other purchases included some poka dot red and white bows, Hobbycraft wooden Christmas embellishments (Penguin, Robin, Santa and snowman in the picture above) Hobbycraft Christmas patterned paper, Christmas stamps and Acetate so I can make some shaker cards.
 
Today I would like to share my makes using my new goodies!!


I made a cute little snowman card using the Hobbycraft Christmas papers with the snowman wooden embellishment in the centre. I decorated around the snowman using the Xcut mini flourishes die with glitter paper to add a little bit of sparkle!

This is my first ever shaker card! I am really pleased with how this turned out (I did accidently get glitter all over me whilst making this! Hehe!) Again, I used the Hobbycraft Christmas patterned paper for this with the penguin wooden embellishment. I also used the Xcut mini flourishes die cutter with glitter paper and adhesive lettering from my docrafts goodie bag!

Thank you for stopping by :)

Happy crafting.

Kayla x

Comments