Christmas Star Garland

Hello my lovelies! Hope you are all well and had a good weekend! I have had a very productive weekend. Yesterday was operation Christmas shopping so I managed to get the majority done with only a couple more presents to get. I spent the afternoon wrapping presents listening to Christmas songs to get into the festive spirit!

Speaking of getting into the festive spirit, today I would like to share with you my latest Craft Consortium design team make. I made a wooden star garland decoupaged using the Craft Consortrium decoupage papers.

It is very simple to make and can be hung on the christmas tree or anywhere in the home!




The Craft Consortium decoupage papers I used for my star garland are as follows:

  • Winter Woodland
  • Red Nordic Repeat
  • White Stars
  • Blue Snowflakes
  • Merry Christmas
I found that these papers are lovely to work with and are a high quality. Plus the designs are really cute too!!







To start my garland, I firstly die cut the different  size stars I wanted out of paper using the Xcut star nesting dies. This is so that my Dad could use these as a template to cut them out of wood.






Once my stars were cut out I quickly sanded down the rough edges using sandpaper.

Next I covered my stars in my selected decoupage papers on both sides of the stars (see video) using tacky PVA glue. 

Once the stars were covered (on both sides) I then sanded down the edges with sandpaper to make the edges smooth and to make it look like the paper has blended into the wood.





I then got my lovely hubby to drill holes on the left and right side of the stars so that the string could be threaded through to join them all together. I used white string that was in a gift wrap pack I bought from Aldi.






Thank you for stopping by today!

Happy crafting :)
Kayla x


Comments