Belated Happy New Year!

Hello my lovelies! Belated happy new year to you all. Hope you all had lovely Christmas and new years!! Sorry I haven't blog posted in a while, I have been slowly getting used to being back into a routine as well as other various things.

What lovely crafty projects have you all been up to?

I was sent recently the English Garden paper pad by Craft Consortium and I fell in love with the illustrations straight away. The papers have been created in partnership with illustrator and designer Katy Hackney of Hackney and co.

Flicking through the paper pad there is a wonderful range of floral designs with the little bunnies and mice included! (They're so cute!!) I also like that with this paper pad there are toppers on the inside cover that you can cut out and use on your makes. I think that these designs are perfect for vintage/shabby chic themes and co-ordinate well with Kraft paper, pearls and lace.

As you may have seen from my Instagram and Facebook pages, for my recent design team make I made this cute little card using the English Garden paper pad. Crafting with floral designs has never really been a strong point of mine but I am always up for a challenge!

As you can see I used different design papers from the pack and mounted each piece onto Kraft paper and decreased each square in size each time. I cut out 2 of the toppers, found inside the front page of the pad, and attached them using 3D foam tape. I finished the card by adding adhesive pearls into each corner with a little green bow on the topper. I then added a little sentiment in the bottom centre.

Check out this make and other Craft Consortium design team makes by my lovely fellow design team members on the Craft Consortium blog: http://www.craftconsortium.com/blog

Products I used for this make:

English Garden paper pad: http://www.craftconsortium.com/premium-paper-pads
Kraft paper: http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/dovecraft-kraft-card-a4-10-pack/606438-1001
Adhesive Pearls: http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/weddings/pearl-embellishments---pack-of-70/5052089165373
Green Bow: I purchased these from the Hobbycraft Christmas range
Best Wishes sentiment: I had these in my craft stash from a long time ago. I remember buying them from The Works but I'm not sure if they still sell them anymore :(

Happy crafting! :)
Kayla


Comments

  1. Lovely card ^_^ The toppers at the front of the paper pad are great aren't they! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment