Kori Kumi Decoupage Gift Boxes

Hello my lovelies!

For today's blog post I would like to talk to you about my Kori Kumi decoupage gift boxes. Over the last couple of weeks I have had a wave of ideas running through my head so I wanted to put them into practise. The majority all seemed to involve decoupage!

Recently, my hubby and I had a few days off work and on one of those days we had to go to Dunelm to get a few bits and bobs for the house. Hobbycraft was next door so it would have been rude not to go in! I intended to go in just for a browse, but with all these ideas buzzing around my head, half an hour later I came out with a bag of goodies!

Running with the decoupage theme, I picked up 2 little boxes which I thought would be ideal as gift boxes.


I firstly painted the boxes in white, this is so that the brown will not show through the decoupage papers once they have been applied. I applied 3 layers of the decoupage papers because I like the effect of seeing the pattern through the top layer of the layer below.


For the yellow and red gift box, I die cut some flowers in white card stock using the Kori Kumi Floral Die collection and die cut leaves from the same die collection. I then added the Kori Kumi resin flowers and the adhesive pearls into the centre of the flowers.
 For the purple gift box, I simply just added 2 wooden hearts from the Kori Kumi wooden shapes.

To finish off the boxes, I filled them with purple tissue paper.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy crafting!

Kayla xx




Comments